Tuesday 2 November 2010

T13 Manifesto #2

When I started this MA course, I thought the urban design must see the whole site and bigger always. However, my unit works do different direction. It could start the scene of the site and then made a story. This methodology can see the actual scenes and everyday life in the site rather than looking the map long time. I can expect what happen in the site through the photos of actual scene. Furthermore, I had thought before the spatial planning is kind of interior design term. But, I changed it more political and actual idea of urban planning.

The studying policy is not easy for me. There are different policy and frameworks in each borough but it is also interesting to learn various view of the urban plan. Actually I had thought the balance of learning between urban design and spatial planning is important but, it cannot be divided and should goes together.

The most important point for me is how I can apply a lot of Royal docks data from MA SPUD into my unit work. I must combine these two works that political one and design one. I hope learn more about historical part and political part also want to research through the research methodology.

1 comment:

  1. Our unit works in a similar way, it is not about a map but about a story or narrative, what do you think are the best ways of showing this? How have you done it so far?

    ReplyDelete